Monday, June 26, 2006

Colourful Booklets for Swap



This month our group at Art_By_The_Month (on Yahoo) decided that June's theme would be trying a new technique or materials, or using materials that you did not use for a while.
Since it had been a few months since I made a book, I decided to go back to bookmaking. Too bad that sending selfmade books to the other side of the world was not an option for my budget, so I kept it simple and made smaller booklets.

The covers are from backgrounds that I was making for paintings which never worked for a painting - but works pretty well as a book cover!
There is just one signature of light paper, sewn with linen. The signature is connected to the cover with a ribbon. A closure was made by sewing buttons on the cover and twisting some hread around it.

They were fun to make. I might make some extra for little gifts.

1 comment:

Kari said...

These are beautiful! I think they would certainly make wonderful gifts.

Kari x