Thursday, January 11, 2007

Felt beads

It's been a while since I took some time to experiment and try new things. I have been to a workshop from Zijdelings by Cherilyn Martin called Layerings and tried some new techniques which I definitly want to explore further.
Today I managed to take some time to make beads from felt and cotton, winded with wire and embossed with embossing powder. The beads were then 'blasted' with a paintstripper ( I do not have a heatgun, and this seems to work as good as a heatgun). The acrylic felt melted partly away showing parts of the underlying fabric.
Now I need to find a way to prevent the cotton from fraying...

1 comment:

One Creative Queen said...

Hey Jacqueline -

I'm in collageUNLEASHED with you and saw your blog link in a post you made. Great blog/site!! You're obviously very talented!

Just a thought - I don't know what overall feeling you are trying to create with these great beads - but have you thought about using the tiniest dab of clear nail polish on the ends of the fabric to keep it from unraveling? Or even just a spec of matte acrylic medium? If you just barely dab it on with your finger it may be enough to keep it from unraveling - but not enough to really see it.

Take care!
Katherine
aka: The Queen ;)