Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Textile Pages for True Colours Round Robin
These facric pages went to the UK for the first round of the True Colours Round Robin. This was the first time that I experimented with a thinner transfer of a photo copy.
The shells have been coloured with water colour crayons for some extra colour.
At the other side of the textile pages (to be folded) I tried water soluble Solvy for the first time. This was sewed to the page and some beads were added as well. This was a more abstract interpretation of the theme 'Colours of the sea'.
For the second round I made this square page. Layers of organza with fibers trapped in between the layers. Some sewing with the machine and some experimentation with the soldering iron - something I really need to practise...