Friday, January 08, 2010

Colour Combinations from Photographs


At the moment I am using photographs literally as inspiration for colour combinations. One of the easiest ways to do that is with the Kuler website:

http://kuler.adobe.com/

You can let the website do it for you, but to be honest, I'd rather help the software to adjust it to the colours I like.

After working with these images of winter, I needed pictures with warmer colours:

Can you resist colours like this? Not me!
And a landscape photograph of Scotland in the autumn gave these colours to play with:

It is a highly addictive game to find these colours in your own photographs. But it is inspiring, so what other excuse do you need?

5 comments:

Camila Borssoi said...

These combinations of colors are wonderful! Now I need to learn how to use kuler... Good lucky for me!

TJ said...

Oh I love this. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. They are like paint samples or something. You are my computer-techno influence for sure Jacqueline!! Amazing...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! I love this, too! ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've been on the Kuler site and it is so much fun! Did you register? Does it cost to join? I'll look back at your blog to see if you have a chance to answer. Very cool stuff!

teri said...

Oh I love this idea. I've been to the kuhler site when picking colors for my website but never just to play. I am not sure how to make a set up as you have done but i want to try!