Monday, May 02, 2011

Art Journal Becomes a Personal Guidebook for 2011


My little art journal is starting to become a little personal guide book with kind reminders for myself. This spread was all about Compassion.

To me, it is so much easier to feel compassion towards others, even people I have never met, then to allow myself some compassion.

I expect from myself that I have to bounce back immediately after each adversity, I am very critical about the things that I have done and often blame myself when things are not going the way they should be.
Strange, because that is not the way I feel about other people. I experience patience, compassion, understanding and - as long as I am not driving :-) - I am not that crital at all about others.

So this spread is a reminder for me to allow myself more compassion to myself, the same way I feel towards my family, friends and even strangers.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Jacqueline, have you been reading Brene Brown's "The Gifts of Imperfection?"

The greatest book I've read in a long time. I've been meaning to blog post about it it's so good. It mentions exactly this -- compassion with ourselves first.

This spread is beautiful!! Glad to see you blogging too...

Ali said...

I love how you made this into a personal guidebook for yourself - it's really beautiful.