Sunday, February 05, 2012

A Magical World

In January, nature was confused. New buds were sprouting up because of the mild weather, even some potted flowers began to show a few new flowers. But that all changed suddenly last week: heavy frost was predicted. And last friday we experienced our first snow fall, changing the barren, brown and boring landscape in a new and magical world.

Yesterday the sun was out, no cloud in the sky, the wind had laid down and I went out for a little walk to my favorite spots. I loved the sound of the snow undermeath my boots, the fresh cold on my face, the sparkling of the ice crystals in the snow resembling like hundreds of diamonds were scattered out.
It was just magical out there.

1 comment:

Sherri B. said...

What a beautiful, frosty shot! I so agree with you that nature is confused this winter.