Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Little Red Book (part 3)

 
Two more pages from the little Red Book that I use like an art journal. I made the pages completely random, and kept it quite simple. Often it is no more than one sentence and some colour.

It is nice to work without overthinking the page. Normally I don't start with an idea of how the page will end, in this little book the words are often more important. And I tend to work quickly here, which is very nice for a change! Sometimes I come back to a page and don't like it at all. Then out comes the gesso and paint and I just start over again. Kind of free-style journaling!

4 comments:

sally calligan said...

Love to see what you are doing. I am in the midst literally of making baby books for my nieces wedding. I would like the courage to use gesso. Radish

Tammy Freiborg said...

Welcome to Blissfully Art Journaling! Your work is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Blissfully Art Journaling as well! These are beautiful pages, and we love to see new people and new work, it means new inspiration and new ideas!

TJ said...

This little book is such a treasure! I love the "girl you better get un-stuck page." You've inspired me to get moving again this week!! Can you please make that one into posters? I'll buy one immediately... your fried in germany, tj